Anyway...
I am here to elicit more e-pic session ideas! Since last time y'all weren't very helpful with thinking outside the box... (Sorry Penga, hippee costumes in GGPark didn't make the cut) :oP
So the other day I realized if you take out the dash in e-pics (engagement pictures), you get EPICS? You know... like lots of epic. :-P And like I mentioned in this post about wanting to do something interesting and unique for them... they shall be EPIC E-PICS! :-D (Can you see what Tim puts up with?)
On a sidenote, here is a cool article from Herman Au on how to "make the most of your engagement: what to wear." Good tips, and one of his best shoots to date, I think.
Still don't know what we'll be doing. We could go with the classic e-shoot with the poses and smiles. We could do an activity, but I don't know what. (I feel like they should maybe be activities that we do together.) Here are my ideas so far...
Wouldn't a "pretend" picnic be so cute?! It would be "pretend" because... Tim and I have never actually been on a picnic. haha. I've been talking about it for YEARS, but we just haven't been on one yet. It could be that I have a tendency to bring them up in the midst of winter. :oP
Since we were thinking of doing the shoot at Golden Gate Park (good variety, yeah?) you can rent paddleboats or rowboats at Stow Lake. Tim and I have also never been in a boat together, but it could be CUTE yeah? :-P I've rented a paddleboat many times but never a rowboat since it looks like so much work. But Tim would do the rowing right? But then I feel like I'd need one of those sun hats that would be very Anne of Green Gables/Pride & Prejudice-esque. :] But THEN... we might have to rent a paddleboat for Herman to follow behind so he can get the shots since I don't think it'd be the same... from the shore? Maybe that would work. Anyway, it'd probably be easier to rent a paddleboat instead of a rowboat but... Gilbert Blythe didn't use a paddleboat. :oP
So crew, whatcha say? Lets hear your brilliant ideas!



haha. i like the paddleboat/rowboat idea, you'd need a ruffly parasol! are you sporty people? you could play frisbee or tackle football or something? action shots!
ReplyDeletehehe... i'm trying to imagine you and tim in anne of green gables outfits and hairstyles. :)
ReplyDeletewhy don't you have some pictures of something that's typical of you as a couple? eating... playing games... something like that. i'm sure you could take some photos at a cute cafe or yogurt/ice cream shop or something, too.
is a rowing a rowboat really any different than paddling a canoe?? i don't think so! and i know you've done that before... i got the picture to prove it :P
ReplyDeleteand if you want to do a picnic during the middle of winter you could always do an indoor picnic!
ReplyDeleteOMG I love the first idea and picture you posted!! haha j/k. I'm flattered that you used a photo of us. The picnic was definitely a fun idea. You can easily find the props at Target right now (hello, picnic season). That is where I found all of my props (minus the ants).
ReplyDelete