Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Name Changing Saga: Part 2



Yesterday morning, I hopped on the bus and made it to the "new" Social Security Office. The wait wasn't too terrible and the person who processed my stuff wasn't too snarky. Actually kind of civil and nice. :oP I had my form ready, with my Social Security card, marriage license and driver's license. She inputted all my info into the computer, printed out a receipt thing that said I got processed today and said I should be receiving my card in the mail in 2 weeks. Whoo hoo!


But then she took my old card. My card of almost 25 years! Goodbye old Social Security card. Thank goodness it's the same number though. I'd hate to have to remember a new number. :]

For changing your name for your Social Security card, you'll need your:
- Old Social Security card (if you have one)
- Driver's License
- Marriage certificate
- Form SS-5
- It's free! (You're allowed 3 replacement cards per calendar year and 10 in a lifetime.)


o------o-----o----o---o--o-o--o---o----o-----o------o-------o

Incase you missed the notice,
come be my friend at my new blog
 The Orange Coffee Cup! 
     

1 comment:

  1. weird that they took your old card. i didn't even bring my old one. I only brought the form, marriage license and my passport. which they didnt even look at. and then they told me the computer said i was born in canada! i was like, what? CA is california, not canada! *sigh* so hopefully it comes in the mail. lol

    ReplyDelete