Saturday, June 26, 2010

Thank you card help!

I NEED YOUR HELP/VOTE!

Okay.  So.  We have been waiting on pro-pics.  Specifically the table pictures!  (The ones where we went around to each table.)  We wanted to send a table picture with a thank you note to those who attended.  So a few months ago, there was a free deal on SeeHere for 50 photocards.  I used that to make these:


I used these thank you cards for people who sent us gifts and were not attending our wedding.  That way I could thank them when the gift arrived, and have less thank you cards to write now.  :-P  I originally thought of doing the same for the wedding thank you cards.  To just print the picture on the card, and write below the picture.  Basically like a photo Christmas card, and it'd look something like this:


Except replace Diefy with us.  And we would write in that blank space under the picture.  (Source)

But.  If we do that... would the whole photo card get thrown out after the thank you note is read?  Would it be more likely that people would keep a separate 4x6 table photo?  (That would say, fit into a normal photo album.  Do people use photo albums anymore?)  Or would they rather see an artsy fartsy shot of just the two of us posing?  (Instead of the table photos.)  Hmmm?

I'm thinking since photo sites are pretty flexible, it would cost the same to print the same or different picture.  It would just mean more time for me to figure out how many of each table picture to print and such, but... it's always nice to have something to do while looking for a job, right?  :-P

So.  The questions are:
1)  Photocards versus normal thank you card + 4x6 photo
2) Table photo versus artsy fartsy shot
3) Between all the combinations, which would would be least likely to get thrown out?

Okay, help a sister out.  What do you think I should do??
                    

2 comments:

  1. I think it depends on the website, some are cheaper when you buy cards in bulk (like Magnetstreet).

    I think the option that I like best when people send photos are photo postcards. Me personally, I don't know what to do when people put in a photo of themselves in the card. I just leave it in the card/envelope that goes in a drawer or something. But my mom puts them on a shelf... though I don't know how often she looks at it.

    Based on what I said above I would prefer a table photo rather than an artsy fartsy shot of you and Tim (but that's just me).

    PS - I think you mean "versus," right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) ty with the 4x6..i think some people would put them in an album!
    2)i think a lot of people like pictures of themselves..lol. so table shot?
    3) what if you did a photo ty card with your beautiful "fartsy" shot and then just threw in a 4x6 of the table picture in the envelope?

    ReplyDelete