Friday, May 28, 2010

Hello World!

(TIM) My contributions to the wedding preparation over the past year have mostly been limited to saying "Oh, that's so beautiful, Alvina!" or "Great idea!" or doing some miscellaneous editing. I finished the school year up on May 14th, and boarded a plane to the west coast a few days later. And I've been making up for lost time - I've been REAAALY busy since I got to San Francisco...

...EATING FOOD! Alvina says I don't have to pile all the images on top of each other, but that's how I feel - pilled upon with food. But it's AMAZING good food. Alvina's friend Steph calls SF the city of gluttony - how true that is!

Other than exploring the culinary delights of the Golden Gate city, though, I actually HAVE managed to actually make some contributions to the wedding planning & preparation. My main job since arriving has been to finish up the various signage and other paper-y elements of our ceremony and reception.

First up, the programs! Alvina had already found some artsy paper at the craft store, so once we finalized the layout of the inside, we printed those up, and I spent several hours measruring, cutting, punching , threading, and tying (well, actually, Alvina did the tying because I couldn't get the dangly ends to go the right directions)! Final result: a smorgasboard of program goodness. However, Alvina says I can't post the picture yet, or it will spoil things....so IMAGINE THEM!

Next up, a welcome sign and menu signs. I came up with the idea for the ribbon mustache all by myself. Aren't I so very crafty? I've worked on other stuff, too, but I'm not sure what's supposed to stay top secret 'til the big day, and what's fair game, so I'll leave the rest of the updates up to her.

Two days and counting!

2 comments:

  1. FABULOUS post babe! hehe :-D YAY!!! A POST BY YOU!!! I'm so excited :-D Well, I'm excited to marry you too, but you blogging is very exciting as well. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. me hungries. eat some extra for me, guys.

    ReplyDelete