Sunday, August 30, 2009

the big stuff

So I um... happen to glance at a few wedding blogs before I got engaged... and then signed up for all of them upon engagement! :-P I knew that the where (venue) determined the when (time and date!) and then everything else after that hinged on where and when the wedding is, so booking a venue was top on the list of things to do!

So first we worked on deciding on a date! A flexible one at that, since we understood that sometimes the venue we wanted might be booked already! We tossed around a lot of ideas ranging from winter break (too soon?), to after Siggraph (a week-long CS graphics conference that rules the graphics world and to which participation and involvement is vital to Tim's ability to graduate), to spring break (but friend is getting married that week), to May (which is what we decided on). :)


More logistical planning included figuring out the budget. Which went surprisingly smoothly. The budget is somewhat small but I am thrilled to shove big budgets in the face of the wedding industry by proving to them that a wedding with over a hundred people IN the Bay Area CAN HAPPEN :-D And when you decide that somethings you can do differently/cheaper/better, you can make anything work! ;)

1 comment:

  1. planning this should be easy for you! you're an urban "planner". it's in your field of expertise.

    ReplyDelete